The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" and is now used to refer to a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth.
Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily.
My BIRTH DOULA services include:
- Initial complimentary consultation and interview.
- Two prenatal visits at your home to go over all matters birth related. We will address your options, choices, goals, and fears and go over some coping mechanisms for labor.
- On call support 24/7 starting at 38 weeks.
- Phone/email support throughout your pregnancy journey, including referrals and informational support.
- Continuous labor support. I will come to you when you need me and I will also stay with you 1-2 hours after the birth to help establish breastfeeding, if desired, and make sure your new family unit is comfortable and situated.
- One postpartum visit: I will come over to see how you are all adjusting at home. We can go over the birth, work on breastfeeding issues, and discuss any parenting questions you may have.
- Photography: If desired, I will take pictures during your labor and delivery. Maternity and Postpartum photo packages are also available. Visit my portfolio here.